Modern businesses are nothing like the bureaucratic organizations of yesteryear, which paid too little attention to their employees and were more focused on increasing profitability. Today the focus is more on ensuring greater employee engagement besides providing the employees with the respect and appreciation they deserve. This strategy has been recognized by modern entrepreneurs as the key to consistent growth of the business organization.
One of the most common methods used by business organizations to ensure greater employee engagement is to present them with gifts. In fact, many organizations highlight this policy during their recruitment drives to attract the best candidates for various positions. For example, a business organization seeking applications for the position of junior executive, might ask their recruitment company Germany to inform the prospective candidates about the gifting policy used to recognize the innovation and efforts of the employees.
However, in order for this policy to work, it is important for the business organizations to invest considerable time and thought in choosing the right gifts for the employees. Discussed below are some important considerations that business organizations need to keep in mind for the same.
- It is extremely important to ensure that the gifts given to the employees are not too personal but have a professional feel to them. This will prove to be an appropriate recognition of their work as a professional without making it look like an appreciation of an individual by the management.
- Organizations need to avoid the common mistake of choosing large gifts that are of poor quality. The people responsible for choosing the gifts ought to remember that it is not the size that matters, but the respect and recognition that is associated with the gift which keeps the employees inspired and motivated.
- Customizing the gifts according to the likes and dislikes of the employees is also a great idea. This makes enhances the sense of belonging amongst the employees receiving the gift as they feel that their needs are well understood by the management.
- The whole idea of giving gifts to employees to recognize their contribution towards business growth will prove worthless, if the employee name is not spelled properly. Small oversights such as, choosing the incorrect wrapping or even mixing up the achievements can turn off the employees and make them feel cheated.
- It is important for the business organizations to consider the background of the employees while choosing the perfect gifts for them. This will ensure that the employees do not feel culturally or religiously offended upon receiving something that might be good in one community but might not have a totally different meaning within their community.
- The biggest mistake organizations can commit is to get the same gifts for every employee. Not only does it make the employees feel like having been compared with others but they often end up considering the whole gift giving idea as a mere formality, which does not motivate or inspire them.
- Finally, organizations need to set a limit to the maximum amount that can be spent on each gift, which in turn depends on the position of the employee within the organization and their achievements.