“The Secret Of My Success Is That We Have Gone To Exceptional Lengths To Hire The Best People In The World.” – Steve Jobs
So now you have decided to carry out an executive search in Germany and have also communicated to your Recruitment Agency in Germany, what next? One of the most basic and crucial parts of an executive search is writing down a perfect job description for the position you are trying to fill. Writing a job description is crucial to hiring just the right person for the right post.
Why Is The Job Description So Important?
Job Descriptions are important due to a number of reasons:
- To Target The Right People – An incomplete or misleading job description would mean your target audience is not able to understand what exactly are you looking for and may not apply at all. This may result in less applications thereby decreasing your options of finding the right person. Executive search is even more crucial because the job requirements are as specific as they are generic. You need a candidate with experience in a particular field but having a knowledge of a lot of other components as well. Having an incomplete job description might change your target audience altogether thereby making you more vulnerable to a wrong hire.
- To Get More Potential Candidates – Having a well thought out and easy to understand job description will reach more people as a result of which you will get more potential candidates. This in turn means that you have more options to choose from which could lead to a quicker and more effective hire.
- To Save Money And Resources – Giving a detailed job description can quicken the hiring process thereby saving you a lot in terms of money and human resources. This would also mean that the leadership would be passed on in less time and therefore the work towards growth can happen at a faster pace.
How To Have A Perfect Job Description?
Writing a correct job description can take years of practice but with a firm on board, you need to keep a few things in mind:
- Be As Elaborate As Possible – Be as thorough as you can regarding your expectations from the given position. Ask a lot of question and give comprehensive answers to the one posed to you. Be very specific in terms of qualifications and experience. Hiring an executive can be tricky but with a correct, to the point job description, it could be done with ease.
- Be Proactive – The expert firm you have hired has a lot of screening experience, but as this is an executive post we are talking about, be involved at every stage. Discuss with your agency about the progress of the search. Have elaborate discussions after the interviews of the potential candidate and make changes in the job description if you feel it is not serving the purpose to 100%.
- Do Not Compromise – This is the most important lesson, do not compromise for less and if the first round of hiring does not propose any potential prospect, revisit your job description and try again.