“The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.” – Theodore Roosevelt
This advice definitely comes in handy in your search for an executive position. Headhunters in Germany can only give you the opportunities. How you make use of these opportunities is totally up to you. As one of the Top Headhunting Companies in Germany, that has been in the industry for a long time, here is a list of tips that would train you to become the best in your interview process for an executive.
- Be thorough with your current as well as past work – You will always come across a question regarding your past achievements, what did you do, how did you do it, how long did it take you and so on. Even though you have did the work and you know the answers to all this, it is always better to revisit and revise as it might be a long time back and you might not remember everything. Companies usually try to understand how well you will be able to handle their business challenges. A thorough description of this would help the recruiters understand your judgement, thought process, strategy, decision making and finally your ability to solve a particular problem effectively and with great results.
- Learn all the numbers by heart – Organizations often ask questions about the size of your previous organizations and the budgets of the projects which you have done. This is done generally to know if you would be a fitting candidate for their organization. So you need to know each and every number by heart, for instance what is the annual turnover of your organization, how well did you use the funds assigned to you and so on. Learn all these numbers so that you do not get stuck anywhere while giving your interview.
- Be very honest about your values and beliefs – This is extremely important as your values must match those of the company and vice versa. After all, you do not want to have regrets after taking up the job. Recruiting a candidate is expensive for the company as well. So it is better to clear everything before making any decision. Be very honest about your ethics and values in the work environment so as to make sure your key values align with the key values of the company.
- Be Passionate – For this to happen, ask elaborate questions around your role and responsibilities within the company. If this does not excite you, you definitely need to think twice before going ahead with your process of recruitment. In any interview, you are judged on your energy level and nobody can fake how he feels about something. If you like the role, make sure you show your recruiters the same passion and zeal for the job that you feel.
- Work on your story telling skills – One important skill on which an executive is judged is how well he/she can ignite a spark in his subordinates so that they can work with passion and dedication. Motivating individuals is a difficult task. For this, you need to have strong public speaking skills as well as storytelling skills. This skill of yours will be judged in all your questions. How well can you define your whole professional/personal life without boring the interviewer? It is all about bringing positive energy to the table.
Work on your problem solving skills under difficult situations – The last but the best one. A good executive is one who knows how to handle problems under difficult and challenging situations. Nothing is a walk in the park in the competitive industrial environment of today. This skill is usually judged by giving problem statements to the candidates. The approach which you take towards the problem is important and also how persistent you are to solve it. One important thing is, that it is not always about solving the problem; but “giving up without trying enough” is the bigger disaster.